1. What are omega-3s?
Omega-3s fatty acids are a type of nutrient that is essential for skin health. They are needed for regulating the skin's oil production, inflammatory response, hydration levels and other important functions.
There are 3 types of them, namely DHA, EPA and ALA. Our body does not naturally produce omega-3s, so they have to be obtained from food. DHA and EPA can be sourced from marine animals, while ALA from plant sources.
Certain skincare can help to boost the levels of omega-3s in your skin as well.
2. Why do you need it?
Omega-3s play a crucial role in helping your body to function property. Besides being a source of energy, they are key to supporting your cells' walls. They also keep your heart, lungs, blood vessels, immune system and joints working properly.
Omega-3s have been found to support mental function, wellbeing and (DHA) helps babies in their visual and neurological development.
For your skin, Omega-3s provide these amazing benefits:
- Protection against sun damage and hyperpigmentation caused by harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Reduces acne - by reducing inflammation in the skin
- Moisturizes and prevents dry, red and itchy skin caused by conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema
- Upkeeps skin barrier function
- Accelerates wound healing
- Lowers risk of skin cancer
- Boosts hair growth, reduces hair loss
3. How do you get it?
You can safely increase omega-3s uptake by eating these foods:
- Small fish: salmon, trout, herring, sardine, anchovies
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, flaxseed, hemp seed, chia seed
- Plant oils: flaxseed oil, canola oil, soybean oil
- Leafy vegetables
- Navy and kidney beans
- Eggs and avocados
Certain skincare can help to boost the levels of omega-3s in your skin as well. It is wise to complement nutrition with natural skincare that provides you with a natural source of Omega-3s.
You can boost the level of Omega-3s in your skin with natural oils like Ripple Saltwater Crocodile Oil and others in our Silky Skin Range.
They contain ethically sourced pure saltwater crocodile oil which is full of omega 3, 6, 7, 9 fatty acids, collagen and nutrients needed to nourish, heal and protect your skin, and hair!
Take care of your skin and it will take care of you! Let us know if you have any questions or comments by messaging us on FB or email us to email@example.com :)